Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We Love You Daddies!

We were apart from our dad's this fathers day but we were able to talk to them on the phone, we love technology. We both were born into such amazing families with such amazing parents. Both of our fathers have been such great examples to us throughout our lives and supportive in all that we do.





We are so grateful for these amazing men!!! We missed them so much that we decided to have a little "fathers day" of our own.

Fathers day of course means that our dads were out on the grill so I decided although we were away from home we should have our own Fathers Day celebration and got to work: we were going to have a mini bbq and make ourselves some hamburgers and fries.

I have been wanting to make these homemade buns for a while, (I love making bread now) so we got to work. Since it was a Sunday Jordan was a help in the kitchen and we mixed em together and let them rise only to find out that after their second rise they were huge, and i mean HUGE! We didnt know if we should roll them down or leave them, so we did half and half...


You can see the little ones on the lower right corner of the pan...and the monsters everywhere else.



Here is Jordan's hand so you can see how big these buns really were!



When they came out of the oven we learned that we should have rolled them all down to a smaller size but we also decided that BBQ beef sandwhiches would be delightful on such a large bun.


The finished product, they were delightful!




I suffered an injury in the kitchen this time, burned my arm :( it hurt.

Dinner turned out amazing, Jordan even said "This is delicious, people should pay US to eat" haha. He's so cute.



We had a great fathers day although we did miss our dads! We wished that they were with us so much to enjoy our meal and us enjoy their company but that was not the case, hopefully next year! We love you daddy Marty and daddy Ken!

7 comments:

  1. Jess! I am sooooo impressed. You are awesome! Where have you been getting your recipes from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well mostly just from annie-eats.net, here is the hamburger bun one http://annies-eats.net/2010/03/01/the-perfect-burger-bun/ it always says you need a mixer but we didn't bring ours out so I just knead with my hands which I learned from watching tutorials on youtube lol. This is what happens when you get really bored Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC!!!!! Love this!! I want to have a bun making party and celebrate daddy's with you guys! some day we'll do it... when we have little kidlets of our own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess you are just so sweet. I wrote that blog post because last week I was being really negative. Like feeling bad for myself negative when really things aren't even bad!
    I was just thinking how lucky you are that you get a summer break not working! You get to lay in the sun and do whatever you want!
    You will look back and really enjoy this Summer. I understand why it's frustrating that you haven't been able to get a job, but atleast it's nothing personal. You'd only be temporary! And, on a positive note, you are learning how to cook all kinds of different foods! It's a nice break for you. We will be able to talk recipes!

    Jess you're awesome. I am also glad we are sisters too... Tyler and I actually were talking about you on the way home yesterday. I was telling him that I really like that you have started blogging because we can comment on each other's blog! Then we talked about how we liked you. I just love you Jess. I am glad we're friends too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I need to make those Buns! They look amazing! I'm so proud of you for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica Ann Hall Christensen!!! Hello! Look at you miss betty homemaker! I am so proud of you cookin' and all! I really miss cooking... Now that I have this job, I maybe cook twice a week now. Do you have a bread machine? If not, I highly recommend it! I love mine. It takes me two minutes to make bread, pizza, rolls, buns, etc. I love my carbs! We should talk soon... I miss you! Are you going back to Utah after the summer? Keep in touch. Love you! Oh and remember.... This is not ab ribber 100 or 200 this is ab ripper 339.... I hate it... But I love it.

    ReplyDelete