Friday, June 10, 2011

Jack Bauer: aka 24!

Last year while Christmas shopping with my mom she assigned me to find some things to give to Jordan from her and my dad...I thought really hard and came up with a pair of Nikes because he loves shoes and  Despicable Me because he loved this movie when we went to see it but I didn't know what else to get him...while looking Despicable Me I saw the tv series 24.

I had heard good things about 24, that it was so intense and everyone loved it so I thought that Jordan might like it because of the guns/bombs/knives that would be involved. I thought for a moment that I didn't want to watch it and I knew that if he got it for Christmas I would be watching it for sure but then I thought about all those nights watching seasons 1-6 of Grey's Anatomy (which we loved!) and thought that I owed it to the guy.

When we got married we started watching it and we were HOOKED! 24 is about the Counter Terrorist Unit in LA that works to find terrorists who our threatening America. Our nightly routine usually consists of dinner, followed by what we call "Jack Bauer". Jack Bauer is the top field agent in CTU and he basically runs the country because he is so amazing at his job.


This is Jack Bauer

For the first season I would dream everynight about the episode we watched the night before and some days I would wake up very stressed because I was so into my dream the night before! I grew out of the dreams by season 2 but didn't grow out of the love.

We are currently on the 7th season of 24 and I can't wait until Jordan gets home at night to watch it! I don't know what we will do when it's over.  24, or Jack Bauer as we call it has changed our daily lives...how you may ask? We frequently comment that we wish we had a President like President Palmer (the President in some of the seasons), I now think that most politics are corrupt, and we even refer to Jack Bauer during our workouts (the kickboxing ones). The night before we moved from Cedar City we decided to pull our mattress into the living room (since our couch was in storage already) and have what we called a "party" by watching 24 and eating ice cream and it definitly was a party!



We would highly recommend watching 24 with your friends, family or spouse, but not your children...Netflix is a great way to do this!

3 comments:

  1. :) we love 24 too Jessie! :) we recently watched season 5, one of my favs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best isn't it! Season one was probably my favorite but I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh... We're gonna have to do it! I watched part of season 1 one time but I'm sure that we'd bond well with the guns and bomb... it must be in our Romney Blood... so if this is true...I gotta do it.

    ReplyDelete